Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital Library Pune
- Print Books
- Print Journals
- E-Journals MD Consult
- E-Journals Clinic on MD Consult
- Post Graduate Certificate Course in Emergency Medical Services
- Basic Life Support (Training Courses)
- Basic Trauma Life Support (Training Course)
- Diploma National Board ( Coming Soon)
Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital Library was started in the year 2006. It is located on the 2nd floor of the main building. As the only referral academic medical library in the Hospital it is the primary information resources centre. It enables users to find out about the medical library collection services and facilities to check the details and location of books. The knowledge can be up dated with the journals and articles kept in the Library as well as by searching bibliographic databases to access electronic publications such as reference books and online journals. All employees of the hospital have been utilizing the library regularly.
- To help health professionals access reliable, up-to-date and high quality medical information from specialized Information Resource Centers as well as online resources for research and better patient care
- To help in conduct training programs/teaching activities for health professionals & to facilitate practice through Evidence Based Medicine
- To create high quality teaching aids in the form of print, CDs and web-based resources, to supplement training programs
- To enable health science librarians to improve information services by enhancing resource sharing activities through library networks, adhering to copyright laws
- To help healthcare institutions and professionals create and host websites, that present their most valuable expertise and services, and to actively promote this activity so that Indian health information is available globally
- To collaborate with individuals and organizations with similar goals
The Library has a good number of print books, covering a wide range of medical, Surgical and health care subjects. The collection policy of library is to purchase recent books which are relevant for specialist doctors. New titles are added regularly. We include selected and latest books featured on DNB & EMS Course"s booklists and few highly specialized books. The books in the library are arranged subject wise & classified in Dewey Decimal Classification Method
We subscribe print journals and e-journals. Current Journals are displayed in alphabetical order and arranged in the journal rack. The Library staff will help you to locate a particular journal as required. All journals are for reference only and articles may be photocopied within the Library.
We had subscribed to MD-Consult database, where we can access books, journals, Clinics Review Articles, Patient Education, Drugs, Guidelines, Images, and News & CME.
- Opening Hours: Morning 8:00 AM to Night 8:00 PM
- 24x7 hours reading facility
- Sunday & other general holidays are off
RULES & REGULATIONS
- All the Consultants/Doctors and other Staff of ABMH entering into the library shall keep their bags and other belongings at the entrance rack and also sign in the register kept inside the library.
- Library is not responsible for loss of any personal belongings.
- I-card is compulsory for entering into the library.
- The newspaper(s) should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the designated place.
- All users are requested to keep their mobile phones switched off in the library.
- Beverages & eatables are not allowed inside the library.
- No visitor or Guest is permitted to use the library without prior permission of the Librarian.
- No Photograph of the library shall be taken without prior permission of the Librarian.
The rack at the entrance is to be used to keep personal bags, coat and other belongings. Members must obtain permission to use their personal books inside the library.
- The full text access to all e-Journals and e-resources is brought to you by the Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital Library, as a ‘Subscriber Licensed product’ from the Publishers, under mutual terms and condition. We appreciate your eagerness in using these full text resources. However, we invite you all to use these resources judiciously and carefully to avoid any breach of contract with the publishers. Please read the summary of terms and conditions carefully. Violation of any of these terms and conditions can result in denial of online access by the publishers, a loss to the entire user community. The Library resources are accessible as per the copyright act.
- All electronic products are protected by copyright and are the property of the publisher.
- All members of the ABMH Library are authorized users of the electronic access facility.
- You will have unlimited access to all available tables of controls, however you cannot systematically download the complete journal, all or any of its issues.
- You may download, view, copy and save to hard disk or diskette and store or printout single copies of individual articles for own personal and academic use. But in no case for re-sale or any other commercial use.