Aditya Birla Institute of Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Consultants attending Obstetrics & Gynaecology Cases
Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital is one of the premier institution in India which is devoted exclusively to provideworldclass essential quality services in mother and child health care.
ABMH offers State of the Arttertiary care in various obstetric & Gynecologic super specialties. A center where a woman can walk in confidently & get all her health problems solved. The Ambience is not only soothing but also of the international quality in terms of expertise , equipment and care.
The center has an outstanding team of Obstetricians & Gynecologists trained in the field of High Risk Pregnancy Care, Fetal medicine, Infertility & fertility enhancing surgery ,Gynae endoscopies and Uro- Gynecology, to provide comprehensive management of problems of a women.
At ABMH the mother & Child health care complex is amongst the most vibrant situated at ground floor only. It is planned in a such way that pregnant mother & her family can have easiest & quick access directly into maternity suits. The baby care unit is also placed besides to maternity suits complex so as to avail quick transport of new born, if needed.
This complex boasts of -
- Exclusively separate Obstetric & Gynecology OPD unit with Gynae. work station & separate ultra sonography. Pediatric OPD is adjacent to OBGY OPD unit.
- Spacious waiting lounge for relatives.
- Well equipped ultra modern labour rooms with specialized LDRP beds (Labour,
- delivery, recovery & puerperium ).
- Dedicated operation theatre only for obstetric emergency next to labour room suits.
- Exclusive 3 bedded recovery room
- Facilities for labour analgesia (painless delivery)
- Hi tech State of the Art equipment for Endoscopy& anesthesia.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit adjacent to labour room suits.
- Indoor facilities next to labour room complex with world-class ambience of 30 beds.
- Conference & counselling room.
- Team of obstetricians, Gynecologist & neonatologist trained in USA, UK, GERMANY, AUSTRALIA.
- Additional easily approachable facilities
- Temple for worship
- Patient pickup & drop back facility in AC cars.
- Ample of parking space.
Our OPD services include :
- Obstenic & Gynecology consultation.
- High risk pregnancy clinic.
- Fetal medicine clinic.
- Infertility clinic
- Recurrent miscarriage clinic.
- Menopausal Clinic.
- Gynecological Cancer screening clinic.
- Gynae work station with flexible office hysteroscopy& colposcopy.
- Ultra Sonography
- Urogynaecology clinic
- Parent craft classes
1. Labour complex
- 5 bedded fully equipped pre-labour hold with Pre-Eclampsia & Eclampsia bed.
- One gold labour room & 2 deluxe labour room with LDRP Beds
- Individualized electronic fetal monitoring for each area.
- In house ultrasonography for obstetric emergency.
- Emergency Crash - Cart including de fibrillator.
- Well equipped Hitech obstetric operation theater next to labour rooms.
- Facilities for painless deliveries.
- 24 x 7 availability of expert obstetricians, neonatologist, anesthetists & midwives.
- 30 bedded huge IPD complex including gold ward, emerald suits, Diamond
- Suits next to labour room complex. Each bed in IPD unit has been provided control panel including central O2 , central suction , & monitors.
- NICU next to labour room complex for easy transport of a new born if needed.
2. Parent Craft Classes
Child birth preparation weekly classes includes-
- Antenatal & post natal exercises . - By Physiotherapist
- Relaxation & yoga-By Physiotherapist
- Diet & Nutrition advise - By Dietician
- Breast Feeding & LabourPreparation. - By Obstetrician
- Care of new born - By Pediatrician.
3. High Risk Obstetric care
We believe that families can cope more success with a high risk pregnancy with appropriate medical supervision, intervention, education & strong support system at all levels. The team of obstetricians at ABMH is expertise to deal with high risk pregnancies at all level. We are having-
- Fetal medicine & genetic counseling clinic.
- Recurrent miscarriage management clinic
- Gestational diabetes management clinic.
- Hypertensive disorder management clinic.
- Pregnancy with medical or surgical disorder management program.
- Day care obstetric unit.
4. Fetal Medicine
It is the dream of every parent to have a normal healthy child. Majority of women are lucky in fulfilling their dreams. How ever a few of them would face difficulty in having a normal healthy child, though they face no problem in getting pregnant. This can be in the form of repeated abortions, or the woman may carry the pregnancy longer & but may deliver a still-born baby. Or worse still, the baby may grow & have mental retardation, delay of growth & unable to go to normal schools or play like a normal child. This is where a fetal medicine services could help. There may be other instances like an older mother planning a pregnancy, birth defects in the baby diagnosed during pregnancy or after birth. A pregnant mother may to be told that her baby is not growing well ( IUGR) & would require special monitoring by sonography & doppler & appropriate timing of delivery. These mothers again can be guided into undergoing the appropriate management by the fetal medicine specialist.
5. Endoscopic Surgeries
This is an innovative surgical technique which can significantly lessen the post-operative discomfort. A thin telescope attached to light source and camera enables us to perform a number of surgeries without opening the abdomen, known as Minimally invasive surgery or key hole surgery. Its advantages are -
- less scars on the abdomen.
- less bleeding.
- minimal post operative pain.
- faster recovery
- shorter hospital stay.
Procedures performed through key holes in the abdomen are -
- Removal of the uterus (Hysterectomy)
- Removal of tumour (fibroid)of the uterus (Myomectomy)
- Surgeries for ovarian masses.
- Release of intra abdominal adhesions.
- Removal of tubo-ovarian masses.
- Surgeries for endometriosis
Procedures routinely performed thro’ hysteroscopy (passing of scope thro’ vagina & viewing ofinside of uterine cavity) are -
- Removal of sub mucous fibroid.
- Removal of a polyp.
- Fertility enhancing surgeries- like
- Opening of fallopian tubes.
- Removal of septum ( a curtain in the uterus)
- Lysis of intrauterine adhesions.
- Meteroplasty(increasing of the uterine capacity)
Nationally renowned surgeons who are pioneer in the field of endoscopic surgeries are the one who with their expert team will be performing these surgeries.
State of the Art Reproductive medicine Department is in progress. The facilities avialable for the needy infertile couple are-
- Consultation by Internationally renowned infertility consultant.
- Evaluation of the couple by-
- Hormonal assay.
- Endoscopic surgeries.
A dedicated uro-gynaecology unit has been set up to deal with the relatively common & distressing problems of urinary incontinence and prolapse. Woman will be offered uro-gynaecological examination, urodynamics, pelvic floor exercises and in the selected cases surgeries for incontinent patients like TVT will be performed by experts.
8. Supportive services
- CT, MRI, 3D Ultra Sonography
- 24 X 7 - Blood component Bank.
- 24 X 7 - Biochemistry Lab.
- 24 X 7 - Pathology Lab.
- Medical Intensive Care Unit, Cardiac Intensive Care Unit.
- Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
- Pediatric Surgery & Neurology Unit.
One of the most awaited event in the life of a couple is the birth of the new born child. The ABMH team assures you that special efforts will be taken to make this occasion memorable one. Every need of mother & child can be met at our hospital. We all welcome you to ABMH and experience the warm ambience & tender loving care for mother & child.