CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR-POLICY)
Our CSR Mission is to involve ourselves in contributing to the society by planning and taking part in the activities that help in sustainability of environment and also to indulge in the social-economic-environment development of the society. Also focus on Extending Comprehensive Integrated Healthcare Services to the community.
The Board may amend the CSR policy as may be required from time to time. The Board of Directors on its own and/or as per the recommendations of CSR Committee can amend this Policy, as and when required as deemed fit. Any or all provisions of the CSR Policy would be subject to revision/amendment in accordance with the Regulations on the subject as may be issued from relevant statutory authorities, from time to time.
ABHSL will directly or indirectly take up projects in and around its operational locations in keeping with the laid out guidelines.
The Company proposed to focus primarily on the following programmes:
A: Rural Development
The Company aims to create a meaningful and lasting impact on the communities in remote areas by helping them transcend barriers of socio-economic development.
A Model of Integrated Healthcare Service will be established to improve the health of communities through:
• Access to quality education for youth and child.
• Promotion of Research in Healthcare
• Promotion of healthy lifestyles
• Access to drinking Water
• Access to Sanitation
• Developing infrastructure facilities for socio-economic development
• Elderly care.
• The programme will bridge the gap by uniting the Governmental Efforts with the Industry and Peoples Participation.
The Company intends to touch a billion lives by reaching out to people from every walk of life to help them stay healthy. The objective is to promote wellness and not treatment.
In line with this, under its CSR focus the company will aim to promote preventive healthcare in the most remote corners of the country with the aim of making quality healthcare accessible & affordable for all. To do this the Company will:
• Promote preventive healthcare through awareness campaigns in rural as well as urban areas
• Conduct free screening and diagnostics camps as part of promotion of preventive healthcare
• Provide free treatment including emergency care, ambulance support, consultation, investigation and pharmacy at identified • locations and camps for the benefit of marginalized and disadvantaged
• Committee of experts will accept, review and approve the applications for free treatment with predefined criteria. The selection criteria can include:-
• Below Poverty Line OR Antyodaya card holder
• Patients under palliative care
• Natural calamity affected citizen
• Differently abled individuals
• Patients needing emergency healthcare
C: Education and Skills Development
The Company will develop the skills of the youth through high quality Education in Paramedical and Allied Services and Research in Healthcare.
High quality Education in Paramedical and Allied Services will be provided by setting up educational institutions, improving infrastructure of the existing institutes and providing scholarships to the meritorious students from underprivileged and economically weaker communities.
D: Promote Research in Healthcare
The Company will promote Research and disseminate information on latest technology and trends in Healthcare sector.
E: Other Area Developments
• Ensuring environmental sustainability by plantation of trees in hospital premises and other areas in general and protect various species of flora.
• Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora & fauna, animal welfare, agro forestry, conservation of natural resources & maintaining quality of soil, air & water;
• Empowering women especially in rural areas either by creating self help groups or by any other means and improves adult female literacy inculcate hygiene and educate its benefits.
• Educate various sections of society on the hazardous diseases and various preventive measures.
• Promotion of bio diversity and alternate energy sources.
• Practice and promote conservation of natural resources
• Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio- economic development & relief & welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, other backward classes, minorities & women;
The Board of Company shall ensure that in each financial year, the Company spends at least 2% of the average net profit made during the immediate three preceding financial years.
The unutilized CSR budget from the 2% of the average net profit will be parked in a CSR Fund (Corpus) created by the company. This Fund would also include any income arising there from and any surplus arising out of CSR activities.
The Company may collaborate or pool resources with other companies to undertake CSR activities.
Any surplus generated from CSR projects will be tracked and channelized into the CSR corpus. These funds will be further used in development of the CSR projects and will not be added to the normal business profits of the company.
The CSR projects will be implemented in a time-bound manner with clear objectives, plan, targets and robust monitoring and evaluation mechanisms.
The Company’s ongoing CSR projects will be aligned to the Policy. This Policy builds on the leanings and good practices of the CSR projects initiated by the Company.
The Company will enter into partnerships with the government, not for profit organizations, business partners and communities to create multiplier effect of its social projects.
The Company has set up dedicated teams for implementation of CSR projects. The mode of implementation will include a combination of direct implementation and implementation through trust/foundation/society set up by the Company and partners such as Foundations, Registered Societies, Trusts, etc. The Company will select its partners after appropriate due diligence.
The Company will use services of expert agencies, consultancy firms etc. wherever required for carrying out baseline surveys, guidance on project design and implementation, third-party monitoring and evaluations, impact assessment surveys etc.
The teams responsible for implementing various CSR projects are mentioned in the section on the Governance Structure of the Policy.
The heads of the respective teams managing CSR projects will be authorised to sign Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs)/Agreements with the implementing partners after taking required approvals.
The Company will institute a well-defined monitoring and evaluation mechanism to ensure that each social project.
The Company will establish an accounting system to ensure project wise accounting of CSR spend.
The Company will monitor progress on CSR projects and CSR spend and report to the top management quarterly and the CSR Committee half yearly. The Company will report CSR performance in its annual report as per the structure and format prescribed in the notified CSR Rules.
ADDRESS: ADITYA BIRLA MEMORIAL HOSPITAL, ADITYA BIRLA MARG, CHINCHWAD,PUNE – 411033, MAHARASHTRA, INDIA
ABMH BANER CLINIC
NO:201, 2ND FLOOR, UNITY COMMERCIAL, OPP ORIENTAL BANK OF COMMERCE, BANER ROAD, PUNE, MAHARASHTRA – 411045
PHONE – 9881123096
ADITYA BIRLA HEALTH STORE
PIMPLE SAUDAGAR,RAHATANI RD, SUNSHINE VILLAS, DWARKADHEESH GARDENS, RAHATANI, PIMPRI CHINCHWAD, MAHARASHTRA 411027
ADITYA BIRLA HEALTH STORE
EMPIRE ESTATE, SHOP NO. A1 & A2, NEAR RANKA JEWELERS, EMPIRE ESTATE, CHINCHWAD, 411019
PHONE – 020- 46770008/9
ACCREDITATIONS & AWARDS