Oral & Maxillo facial Surgery is the bridge between medicine and dentistry, treating diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws and the hard and soft tissues of maxillofacial region. Broad scope of OMFS includes:
• Surgical extraction of tooth including impacted 3rd molars under local anesthesia or general anesthesia as per indication.
• Cyst & Tumors in the orofacial region.
• Treatment of Temporo-Mandibular Joint Disorders.
• Maxillofacial Trauma.
• Diseases of the Salivary glands, Orofacial infections causing facial swellings.
• Special emphasis given on detection, prevention & management of Oral Cancers & Pre-Cancerous lesions, conditions such as
leukoplakia, submucous fibrosis etc.
• Correction of facial defects, facial asymmetry with Orthognathic Surgeries.
• Dental Implants (surgical aspect)
Deals with correction of maligned teeth, disproportionate jaw relationship or combination of both, improper bite, along with controlling and treatment of various aspects of facial growth. The scope of Orthodontic Treatment includes:
• Correction of irregular and forwardly placed teeth.
• Spaced dentition.
• Correction of habits such as tongue thrust, mouth breathing, thumb sucking etc.
• Correction of mal oral function involving speech, mastication, respiration etc.
• Treatment of deep bite, open bite.
• Correction of facial asymmetry, severe jaw discrepancies with Orthognathic surgeries.
• Treatment of Cleft lip and Cleft palate patient with multidisciplinary approach.
• Improve and maintenance of the long-term health of gums and teeth.
• To prevent long-term excessive wear or trauma of the teeth.
Prosthodontics is the area of dentistry pertaining to the diagnosis, treatment planning, rehabilitation, and maintenance of the oral functions, esthetics, and health of patients with clinical conditions associated with missing teeth, deficient teeth, and/or compromised maxillo-facial tissues using biocompatible substitutes. The scope of prosthodontic treatment includes:
• Restoring or replacing teeth through implants, Veneers, Crowns & Bridges.
• Traditional and Implant supported Dentures.
• Post Root Canal Treatment rehabilitation, which includes Post and Core preparation.
Prosthetic rehabilitation of patients who have undergone surgery for cancerous lesions.
Paedodontics or Pediatric Dentistry is the branch of dentistry which specializes in diagnosis, treatment and prevention of dental problems starting from infants to children who are under the age of sixteen. This is because early oral examination aids in the detection of the early stages of tooth decay. Early detection is essential to maintain oral health, modify aberrant habits, and treat as needed and as simply as possible. Additionally, parents are given a program of preventative home care (brushing/flossing/fluorides), a caries risk assessment, information on finger, thumb, and pacifier habits, advice on preventing injuries to the mouth and teeth of children, diet counseling, and information on overall growth and development of teeth and Jaws.
Conservative Dentistry is the branch of dentistry which is concerned with the conservation of teeth in the mouth. It embraces the practice of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics. The scope of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics includes:
Various kinds of direct and indirect restorations of teeth.
• Root canal treatment.
• Surgical endodontics.
• Management of traumatized teeth.
The aim is to bring back the teeth to full function & appearance in an aesthetically pleasing manner with as little loss of healthy tooth structure as possible.
• Diagnosis and management
• Scaling and polishing
• Normal extraction
• Normal Root canal treatment
• Complete and Partial Dentures
• Composite Restorations
• Crown and Bridges (Including full metal, metal ceramic and full ceramic)
• Dental Laminates (ceramic and composite)
• Smile Designing
• Teeth whitening
This branch of dentistry is concerned with the structures surrounding and supporting the teeth ie basically Gums, Periodontal ligaments and surrounding bone. Scope of periodontics includes prevention, diagnosis and treatment of periodontal/ gum diseases. Normally the procedures include:
• Scaling ( removal of tartar deposits).
• Subgingival scaling and root planning (in which the infected surface of the root is cleaned).
• Treatment of patients with severe gum problems using a range of surgical procedures such as Flap surgery, Gingivectomy,etc.
• Additionally, periodontists are specially trained in the placement and repair of dental implants.
• Laser Dentistry
• Advanced Gum Surgery both by Traditional and Laser method
• Full Mouth Rehabilitation
• Post Trauma and Post Cancer Prosthetic Rehabilitation
• Dental Implants
• Cleft lip and Cleft Palate management
• Diagnosis, Treatment & Management of Oral Cancer