About the Library
The Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital Library was started in the year 2006. Located on the 2nd floor of the main building, this paramount library is the primary center for medical information. It facilitates information on medical services, details on location of books and information on acquiring third party referral materials. All hospital staff have access to journals and articles stored in the Library, in addition to electronic bibliographic databases to access other reference books, publications and online journal. The Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital library has been shaped to educate and inform health care profession of the latest medical innovation across the globe.
• Help health professionalâ€™s access reliable and current medical information from specialized Information Resource Centers as well as online resources for research and better patient care.
• Conduct training programs/teaching activities for health professionals and facilitate practice through Evidence Based Medicine.
• Create high quality teaching aids in the form of print, CDs and web-based resources, to supplement training programs.
• Enable health science librarians to improve information services by enhancing resource sharing activities through library networks while adhering to copyright laws.
• Assist healthcare institutions and professionals create and host websites that present their expertise and services and to actively promote this activity so that Indian health information is available globally.
• Collaborate with individuals and organizations with similar goals.
E-Journals MD Consult
E-Journals Clinic on MD Consult
Books: The Library has a good number of print books, covering a wide range of medical, surgical and health care subjects. The Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital library stocks current books relevant for specialist doctors. New titles are added regularly. We include selected and latest books featured on DNB & EMS courses booklists and few highly specialized books. The books in the library are arranged subject wise & classified in Dewey Decimal Classification Method
Journals: The library subscribes to print journals and e-journals. Current Journals are displayed in alphabetical order and arranged in the journal rack to facilitate easy referencing.
Databases: The library subscribes to MD-Consult database, where we can access books, journals, Clinics Review Articles, Patient Education, Drugs, Guidelines, Images, and News & CME.
Other website links:
• Free e-books
• Free e-journals
• Sciencedirect journals
• Cochrene Library
• Digital Library
Opening Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday and other general holidays are off
Rules & Regulations:
- All Consultants/Doctors and other staff of the hospital entering the library shall register themselves
- I-card is compulsory for entering into the library
- Mobile phones should be switched off in the library
- Food and beverages are not allowed inside the library
- No visitor or Guest is permitted to use the library without prior permission of the Librarian
- Photography of the library is prohibited without prior permission of the Librarian
- Bags and other belongings must be kept at the entrance rack.
- The library is not responsible for the loss of any personal belongings. Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital is not responsible or liable for loos or
theft of property.
- The newspaper(s) should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the designated place
NOTE: A full text access to all e-Journals and e-resources is brought to you by the Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital Library, as a â€˜Subscriber Licensed productâ€™ from the Publishers, under mutual terms and condition. We appreciate your eagerness in using these full text resources. However, we invite you all to use these resources judiciously and carefully to avoid any breach of contract with the publishers. Please read the terms and conditions carefully. Violation of any of the terms and conditions can result in denial of online access by the publishers; a loss to the entire user community. The Library resources are accessible as per the copyright act.
All electronic products are protected by copyright and are the property of the publisher. All members of the Aditya Birla Memorial Hospital library are authorized users of the electronic access facility. You will have unlimited access to all available tables of controls, however you cannot download the journal, all or any of its issues.
You may download, view, copy and save to hard disk or diskette and store or printout single copies of individual articles for own personal and academic use, but in no case for re-sale or any other commercial use.