We provide treatment for discharging ear, ear pain, deafness, giddiness, facial palsy, tinnitus, blockage sensation, itching etc. Surgeries performed: Myringotomy with grommet insertion, Tympanoplasty, Ossiculoplasty, Stapedectomy, Mastoidectomy, Cochlear implant, BAHA implant etc.
The department offers treatment for allergic rhinitis, rhinosinusitis, epistaxis, nasal polyps, nasal masses, anosmia, hyposmia, deviated nasal septum etc. Surgical procedures performed are Septoplasty, Partial Turbinectomy, Rhinoplasty, routine FESS (Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgeon), Orbital Decompression, Optic Nerve Decompression, Endoscopic DCR, Endoscopic CSF leak repair, Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery etc. We have good support from department of Neurosurgery, Ophthalmology and Anesthesia.
We treat conditions like Recurrent Pharyngitis, Tonsillitis, Laryngitis, LPR, Dysphagia, Odynophagia, bad breathe etc. We provide solutions to voice problems. 90 degree laryngoscope or flexible nasopharyngolaryngoscope are used to examine the larynx in OPD. Surgeries perform are Tonsillectomy by conventional method or by Coablator assistance,excision of styloid process, Uvulopalatopharyngoplasty, Thyroplasty, Microlaryngal surgeries with/without laser assistance, Surgery on airway i.e. Kashimaâ€™s cordotomy, arytenoidectomy, laryngotracheoplasty, resection and anastomosis etc.
We offer solution to inflammatory lesions of neck like neck abscess, cervical lymphadenitis. We perform surgeries for both malignant and benign swelling affecting thyroid gland, submandibular gland and parotid gland. Tracheostomy is routinely performed procedure in ICU.
We manage all ENT problems in children and perform endoscopic microdebrider or coblator assisted adenoidectomy, grommet insertion for serous otitis media, tonsillectomy, surgery for choanal atresia, congenital laryngeal problems like laryngomalacies, foreign body removal from nose, bronchus and esophagus. We also have facilities for cochlear implantation and rehabilitation. We are ably supported by Pediatrics, Neonatology and Anesthesia department.
Audiology and Speech Pathology
We have state of art audiological setup. We have 2 full time experienced Audiologist. We perform following audiological procedures: Pure tone audiometry, free field audiometry impedance audiometry, OAE, (Oto Acoustic Emission), BERA, ASSR. All babes born at our hospital undergo hearing screening test i.e. OAE, as per WHO recommendation. The department deals with identifying hearing problem also provide rehabilitation services to improve speech and language communication. Besides our Audiologist are also experts in swallowing disorders.
ENT Related Procedures
• Nasal Endoscopy
• Flexible fibre optic nasopharyngolaryngoscopy
• Microscopic ear examination, wax removal
• Intratympanic gentamicin
• Positional testing
• Epley maneuver
• Ear lobe repair
• Ear/nose piercing
• Minor nasal bleed â€“ cautery
• Removal of FB in ear/nose/throat
• PTA and special tests : SISI, Tone decay
• Brainstem Evolved Response Audiometry (BERA)
• Behavioral audiometry
• Speech therapy
• Swallowing therapy
Surgery for Ear:
• Myringotomy and grommet insertion
• Middle ear reconstruction
• Facial nerve decompression
• Tumors of middle ear/mastoid system
• Cochlear implant surgery
• BAHA implant surgery
Surgery for Nose and Para-Nasal sinuses:
• Functional endoscopic sinus surgery
• Endoscopic Dacyocystorhinoplasty (DCR)
• Endoscopic repair of CSF (Cerebral Spinal Fluid) rhinorrhoea
• Arterial Ligations (sphenopalatine, ethmoidal, maxillary and external carotid) for epistaxis
• Surgery for tumors of the nose and PNS
• Endoscopic skull base surgery
• Optic nerve decompression
• Orbital decompression
• Endoscopic pituitary surgery
Surgery of the Throat and Neck
• Adenotonsillectomy: conventional/coablator assisted/microdebrider assisted
• Surgery for treatment of snoring (OSAS) such as Uvulo Palato Pharyngoplasty (UPPP) and Laser Assisted Uvulo Palatoplasty (LAUP)
• Surgery for vocal cord paralysis
• Tumors of throat and larynx
• Tumors of the structures of the neck
• Surgery for salivary glands: submandibular, parotid
• Primary resection anastomosis for tracheal stenosis
• Laser excision of subglottic stenosis with stenting
• Thyroid surgery
• Surgery for neck abscess
• Microlaryngeal surgery
Allergy Clinic: Here we evaluate and treat patients with allergic rhinitis. Allergy and asthma very often go hand in hand. We work in collaboration with pulmonologist and give comprehensive treatment.
Snoring Clinic: Patient is evaluated in toto i.e. weight assessment, detailed ENT examination, if required sleep study and PFT. ENT examination involves diagnostic nasal endoscopy and pharyngolaryngoscopy to see site of obstruction. We have multidisciplinary approach which involves dietician, pulmonologists and department of ENT and medicine.
Vertigo Clinic: Patient suffering from giddiness, dizziness is evaluated here. After good history and detail ENT examination, they undergo positional test. 80% of patients having giddiness, the cause in BPPV which is aptly treated by ENT surgeon. If need be patient is also send to Neurologist for evaluation of central cause.
Deafness Clinic: Patients ears are examined, if there is wax it is removed. Audiological evaluation is done to know the degree and type hearing loss. Depending upon clinical findings and audiological test patient is given to medical treatment, suggested surgery like tympanoplasty, mastoidectomy, stapedectomy, ossiculoplasty, myringotomy, Cochlear Implant or advised hearing aid fitting.